IMPORTANT GUN CONTROL STATISTICS MISSING FROM RCMP FIREARMS COMMISSIONER’S REPORTS TO PARLIAMENT – The Liberal Government promised their policies and programs would be ‘evidence-based’. Unfortunately, the base of ‘evidence’ in support of federal firearms programs is sorely lacking. By Dennis R. Young – December 5, 2018
RADIO CANADA INTERNATIONAL – THE GUN DEBATE IN CANADA: WHERE LIES TRUTH? PART-1
The first of a series of responses to claims about guns in Canada By RCI | mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Monday 3 December, 2018
SUMMARY: According to these sources,
- about a third of “crime guns” seized by police aren’t firearms at all.
- The claimed number of domestically sourced crime guns stated by the federal government, some police officers, and by gun-control lobby groups is wildly exaggerated at best
- The claimed number of straw purchases stated by the federal government, some police officers, and by gun-control lobby groups is wildly exaggerated at best
OPEN LETTER #3 TO SENATORS Re: A THOUSAND GUNS REPORTED LOST BY OR STOLEN FROM POLICE AND THE MILITARY – One would think it should be easy to obtain updated numbers from the RCMP on these lost and stolen firearms – it is not. By Dennis R. Young – November 30, 2018
HOW MUCH DOES GOVERNMENT SPEND ON FIREARMS PROGRAMS? Parliament is still in the dark. By Dennis R. Young – Nov 25, 2018
353-Page Response to Access to Information Act request Nov 2, 2018 – Received by Dennis R. Young Nov 13, 2018
Q2 – NUMBERS OF FIREARMS IN INVENTORY: 1,597
- Machine Guns – 12
- Submachine Guns – 67
- Rifle – 62
- Handguns – 1,226
- Shotguns – 230
Departmental ATIP Response dated November 8, 2018 – Received Nov 12, 2018
- Occupational Health and Safety: Firearms Use Directive (PDF Pages 1-13)
- Report on Discharge of a Firearm from a Vehicle in an Unsafe Manner – Lethbridge Research Centre (PDF Pages 17-39)
- RCMP PUBLIC SERVICE AGENCY REPORT OF AGENCY FIREARM INVENTORY May 20, 2016 (PDF page 51) NOTE: 13 Firearms listed.
- AAFC FIREARMS 2016 REPORT – Identifying Discrepancies and Corrections to RCMP Firearms listed in Item 3 above (PDF Page 52)
- SAP INVENTORY OF AAFC WEAPONS – AUGUST 2018 (PDF Pages 53-54)
Note #1: PDF pages 55-197 are duplicates of Item #1 and the drafting process have not been scanned and uploaded.
Note #2: PDF pages 198-243 are e-mails discussing possible offences related to Item #2 and have not been scanned and uploaded. The final decision was blanked out citing solicitor-client privilege.
PETITION TO PRIME MINISTER TRUDEAU: SHOULDN’T POLICE KNOW WHERE THESE BAD GUYS WITH GUNS LIVE? We residents of Canada call on the Government to pass a motion making it mandatory for judges when imposing a firearms prohibition order, as part of a criminal sentence, a protection order or restraining order, also make it mandatory for these persons to report any change of address to police and this information be made available to police in a database on CPIC (Canadian Police Information Centre). By Dennis R. Young – November 9, 2018 https://lnkd.in/eKnCw4n
GOODALE OPPOSES NEW LAW REQUIRING 422,887 CONVICTED CRIMINALS, PROHIBITED FROM OWNING FIREARMS BY THE COURTS TO REPORT THEIR CURRENT ADDRESSES TO POLICE – “With respect to the recommendation that individuals who are subject to a weapons prohibition order be required to report any change of address, the criminal justice system does not generally keep track of a person who is not serving a sentence.” Liberal Government response to Firearms Petition e-1605 – November 5, 2018
PUBLIC SAFETY: NO RECORDS ON 422,887 CONVICTED CRIMINALS PROHIBITED FROM OWNING GUNS BY THE COURTS – Response to Access to Information Act request dated October 25, 2018. Public Safety ATIP file A-2018-00216 received Oct 31, 2018 by Dennis R. Young https://dennisryoung.ca/2018/11/02/public-safety-no-records-on-422887-convicted-criminals-prohibited-from-owning-guns-by-the-courts/
National Defence Response to Access to Information Act request DND File: A-2018-00801 dated October 24, 2018. Analyzed by Dennis R. Young – November 4, 2018