RCMP Access to Information Act File: A-2018-02026 dated January 2019
49-Page Response to Informal Request received by Dennis R. Young July 19, 2019
PUBLIC SAFETY INTERIM RESPONSE FIREARMS MARKING REGS
175-Page Interim Response to Access to Information Request File: A-2018-00327 dated July 8, 2019 – Received July 17, 2019 by Dennis R. Young
NOTE: 200 pages of ‘Cabinet Secrets’ withheld pursuant to Section 69 of the Access to Information Act
ABBI MONAGHAN is a 13 year old girl from St. Catharines, living with Cystinosis, a incurable disease that slowly destroys the organs in the body. Because Cystinosis is such a rare disease affecting such a small population, and Abbi is the only known case in the Niagara Region, research money is scarce to nonexistent. All money for research comes directly from donations and fundraisers. Read more in the attached poster. RAFFLE PRIZE This year as a grand prize we will be raffling off a $1400 Traeger Smoker BBQ so even people who are not interested in shooting will want to buy a ticket. If you are willing to help sell tickets on this great prize please contact Director John Rakich at: email@example.com
Decew Gun Club – Fonthill, Ontario http://www.decewgunclub.com/
RCMP REPORT: Number of Firearms Business Licenses Applied for, Issued, Denied and Revoked, by Province, by Prescribed Business Purpose 1998-2017 – RCMP 58-Page Response to ATIP Request dated Dec 20, 2018 – Preliminary Analysis by Gary A. Mauser and Dennis R. Young – May 31, 2019
THE KEY WEAKNESSES OF THIS SURVEY:
- Question wording is slanted to support government proposals,
- Definitions of “assault rifle” and “high-capacity magazine” are incorrect and misleading,
- Support for gun bans decreases with knowledge of current gun laws,
- Sample selection is not representative [it is a panel of volunteers, not a random sample], and
- Report inadequately points out the limitations of their findings.
BY GARY MAUSER, JUSTICE FOR GUN OWNERS – MAY 25, 2019 https://justiceforgunowners.ca/survey-exaggerates-support-for-gun-bans/
EXCERPT: So, when that politician starts talking about banning guns, ask them if they understand while they beat that drum, criminal thugs continue to shoot and kill people. They’re part of the problem. Suggest they stop wasting time talking about things that won’t work – and start doing things that will. By Mark Towhey, Toronto Sun – May 4, 2019 https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/towhey-really-want-to-end-gun-violence-try-these-7-things-to-save-lives
- Keep gun violence in perspective.
- Collect better data.
- Track offenders prohibited from owning firearms.
- Eliminate the gangs – eliminate the crimes.
- Enforce our existing laws.
- Create gang courts
- Get serious about the border.