WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THIS LIBERAL PLAN TO DECRIMINALIZE ALL FIREARMS ACTIVITIES WHERE NO CRIMINAL INTENT OR ACTIVITY OCCURS? Documentation compiled by Dennis R. Young – Updated May 17, 2019
Two years later, Public Safety Canada still keeping important Committee deliberations and advice secret
- May 14, 2017 – ATIP Request Filed
- June 9, 2017 – 44-day extension imposed – response due Aug 8, 2017
- August 8, 2017 – Incomplete response received – 315 pages
- August 22, 2017 – Missing Records Complaint with Information Commissioner
- May 13, 2019 – Received second release of 117 pages dated May 6, 2019
O.P.P. FOIP Response dated May 14, 2019 Received May 15, 2019 by Dennis R. Young
- Accidental Discharges 2009-2018 = 48
- Unsafe Acts 2009-2018 = 2
- Careless Storage Incidents 2009-2018 = 53
- Number of Lost or Stolen Firearms 2009-2018 = 5
O.P.P. FOIP response dated May 8, 2019 Received on May 13, 2019 by Dennis R. Young
Q-24772 Investments to Combat the Criminal Use of Firearms (ICCUF)
Q-24782 Homicide Statistics for Licensed Gun Owners
Q-24792 Stolen Guns Statistics
Q-24802 RCMP Officers Charged with Criminal Offences Statistics
CBSA ATIP response dated April 29, 2019 received May 7, 2019 by Dennis R. Young
- ATIP Request filed: December 30, 2017
- Delay Complaint filed May 8, 2018
- Received incomplete CBSA response dated Sept 27, 2018
- Filed Complaint about missing records on Oct 12, 2018
EXCERPT: So, when that politician starts talking about banning guns, ask them if they understand while they beat that drum, criminal thugs continue to shoot and kill people. They’re part of the problem. Suggest they stop wasting time talking about things that won’t work – and start doing things that will. By Mark Towhey, Toronto Sun – May 4, 2019 https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/towhey-really-want-to-end-gun-violence-try-these-7-things-to-save-lives
- Keep gun violence in perspective.
- Collect better data.
- Track offenders prohibited from owning firearms.
- Eliminate the gangs – eliminate the crimes.
- Enforce our existing laws.
- Create gang courts
- Get serious about the border.