NFA TALK – EPISODE 16 – SPECIAL GUEST: DENNIS R. YOUNG, INDEPENDENT FIREARMS RESEARCHER – Streamed live on Oct 22, 2020 – Canada’s National Firearms Association https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGTqNUzfdk
FEDERAL COURT AFFIDAVIT OF MURRAY SMITH, RCMP FIREARMS FORENSIC SCIENTIST (RETIRED) MANAGER, SPECIALIZED FIREARMS SUPPORT SERVICES (“SFSS”) WITHIN THE CANADIAN FIREARMS PROGRAM (“CFP”) BETWEEN APPLICANTS CHRISTINE GENEROUX, JOHN PEROCCHIO, AND VINCENT R. R. PEROCCHIO AND ATTORNEY GENERAL OF CANADA COURT FILE NO. T-735-20 – OCTOBER 9, 2020
BACKGROUND INFORMATION: FINAL ATTACK AGAINST LIBERAL FIREARM BAN EMPLOYS TOUGH TALK IN COURT DOC – But Generoux’s application, supported by her two co-applicants, is no-holds-barred. They argue the government has over-exaggerated the risk to public safety from licensed firearm owners, noting the extremely low crime rate in the licensed and highly regulated firearm community. The application points out death and injury in other sports. “If the deaths surrounding firearms are such a public safety risk, why are the deaths surrounding swimming pools, motorcycles or other forms of sport and leisure items not considered a public safety risk?” their notice of application asks. By Tim Naumetz. iPolitics – Published on Aug 7, 2020 – https://ipolitics.ca/2020/08/07/final-attack-against-liberal-firearm-ban-employs-tough-talk-in-court-doc/
GUNTER: MORE CONCERNING REVELATIONS ABOUT THE LIBERALS’ LATEST GUN BANS
I shudder to think what gun owners in this country would have done without Dennis Young, the firearms researcher who has provided so much useful information on federal gun control efforts over the past 25 years. Working out of his home in Alberta, Young, a former Mountie and Parliament Hill staffer, has dug up more dirt on the Liberals’ sneaky efforts to restrict and outlaw guns than any team of researchers. By Lorne Gunter, Toronto Sun – Oct 17, 2020 READ THE REST: https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/gunter-more-concerning-revelations-about-the-liberals-latest-gun-bans
Trudeau said he has been around guns his entire life, “I was raised around guns, raising shooting and have guns up at our country place.”
By Tim Naumetz, The Hill Times – November 1, 2011
SEPTEMBER 29, 2020 – RCMP Access to Information Act 144-page response received October 8, 2020 – File: A-2019-06255
AUGUST 14, 2019 – Access to Information Act request filed with the RCMP https://dennisryoung.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/ATI-251-Firearms-Transfers-and-Licensing-Errors-August-14-2019.pdf
MAY 16, 2018 – CBC – AFTER MISTAKENLY LETTING PEOPLE BUY PROHIBITED GUNS, RCMP TELLS OWNERS TO GIVE THEM UP – Error allowed purchase of 114 prohibited handguns, went undetected for 12 years. The RCMP is trying to rectify an error that saw it give permission to to 1,356 people to purchase “prohibited” class handguns. By Evan Dyer · CBC News · Posted: May 16, 2018 https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/guns-rcmp-licence-prohibited-1.4664030
2018 RCMP FIREARMS COMMISSIONER’S REPORT 17,225 CFRO queries per day (Canadian Firearms Registry Online)
Fourteen years later the CFRO still cannot differentiate between direct and automatic checks.
RCMP response to Access to Information Act request A-2019-05230 – September 16, 2020
Freedom of Information response dated July 24, 2020 – Thanks to Mr. Lewis and THEGUNBLOG.CA for sharing this information with the firearms community.
- The number of incidents from January 1, 2010 to May 12, 2020 where restricted handguns have been collected and entered into the Halton Regional Police Service Records Management system. RESPONSE = 643
- The number of such incidents where it was established that the firearm was legally held; and the number of such incidents where it was established the firearm was illegally held. RESPONSE: Following consultation with the Police Analytics department it has been determined that data requested is not tracked and therefore no records exist.
RCMP ATIP Response 75 pages dated August 18, 2020 – Received by Dennis R. Young August 28, 2020
- The current total number of police personnel that have passed their firearms requalification proficiency and safety testing in accordance with government legislation, directives, policies and procedures. Forcewide data for pistol recertification is: 89.7% (as of April 9, 2019).
- The current total number of police personnel that have failed to pass their firearms requalification proficiency and safety testing is: 242 members or 1.3% (as of 2019/04/01).
- Number of Unintentional Discharges by Year, 2007-2018 = 146
- Number of Firearms Lost by Type, 2009-2018 = 6,247
- Number of Firearms Stolen by Type, 2009-2018 = 11,626 NOTE: All figures for Non-Restricted Firearms are for Public Agency recorded firearms only.