204-Pages of Investigative Reports into 559 lost weapons and 14 stolen weapons
Response to Access to Information Act Request – Received June 27, 2019 by Dennis R. Young
PARLIAMENTARY BUDGET OFFICER SAYS LIBRARY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR RESOLVING DISCREPANCIES IN REPORTS ON GOVERNMENT SPENDING ON GUN CONTROL – Parliamentary Budget Officer’s response to MP Brad Trost’s request
THE KEY WEAKNESSES OF THIS SURVEY:
- Question wording is slanted to support government proposals,
- Definitions of “assault rifle” and “high-capacity magazine” are incorrect and misleading,
- Support for gun bans decreases with knowledge of current gun laws,
- Sample selection is not representative [it is a panel of volunteers, not a random sample], and
- Report inadequately points out the limitations of their findings.
BY GARY MAUSER, JUSTICE FOR GUN OWNERS – MAY 25, 2019 https://justiceforgunowners.ca/survey-exaggerates-support-for-gun-bans/
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THIS LIBERAL PLAN TO DECRIMINALIZE ALL FIREARMS ACTIVITIES WHERE NO CRIMINAL INTENT OR ACTIVITY OCCURS? Documentation compiled by Dennis R. Young – Updated May 17, 2019
Q-24772 Investments to Combat the Criminal Use of Firearms (ICCUF)
Q-24782 Homicide Statistics for Licensed Gun Owners
Q-24792 Stolen Guns Statistics
Q-24802 RCMP Officers Charged with Criminal Offences Statistics
EXCERPT: So, when that politician starts talking about banning guns, ask them if they understand while they beat that drum, criminal thugs continue to shoot and kill people. They’re part of the problem. Suggest they stop wasting time talking about things that won’t work – and start doing things that will. By Mark Towhey, Toronto Sun – May 4, 2019 https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/towhey-really-want-to-end-gun-violence-try-these-7-things-to-save-lives
- Keep gun violence in perspective.
- Collect better data.
- Track offenders prohibited from owning firearms.
- Eliminate the gangs – eliminate the crimes.
- Enforce our existing laws.
- Create gang courts
- Get serious about the border.