O.P.P. FOIP Response dated May 14, 2019 Received May 15, 2019 by Dennis R. Young
- Accidental Discharges 2009-2018 = 48
- Unsafe Acts 2009-2018 = 2
- Careless Storage Incidents 2009-2018 = 53
- Number of Lost or Stolen Firearms 2009-2018 = 5
O.P.P. FOIP response dated May 8, 2019 Received on May 13, 2019 by Dennis R. Young
Q-24772 Investments to Combat the Criminal Use of Firearms (ICCUF)
Q-24782 Homicide Statistics for Licensed Gun Owners
Q-24792 Stolen Guns Statistics
Q-24802 RCMP Officers Charged with Criminal Offences Statistics
CBSA ATIP response dated April 29, 2019 received May 7, 2019 by Dennis R. Young
- ATIP Request filed: December 30, 2017
- Delay Complaint filed May 8, 2018
- Received incomplete CBSA response dated Sept 27, 2018
- Filed Complaint about missing records on Oct 12, 2018
EXCERPT: So, when that politician starts talking about banning guns, ask them if they understand while they beat that drum, criminal thugs continue to shoot and kill people. They’re part of the problem. Suggest they stop wasting time talking about things that won’t work – and start doing things that will. By Mark Towhey, Toronto Sun – May 4, 2019 https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/towhey-really-want-to-end-gun-violence-try-these-7-things-to-save-lives
- Keep gun violence in perspective.
- Collect better data.
- Track offenders prohibited from owning firearms.
- Eliminate the gangs – eliminate the crimes.
- Enforce our existing laws.
- Create gang courts
- Get serious about the border.
MP BRAD TROST’S FOUR GUN CONTROL QUESTIONS: LIBERAL RESPONSES PROVIDE VERY FEW ANSWERS – Analysis, Commentary and Supporting Documentation by Dennis R. Young – May 3, 2019
LIBERAL RESPONSE TO Q-2319: Firearms Interest Police (FIP) Database Deficiencies
LIBERAL RESPONSE TO Q-2320: Auditor General Firearms Program ‘major additional costs
LIBERAL RESPONSE TO Q-2321: Benefits of Firearms Ownership
LIBERAL RESPONSE TO Q-2322: Effectiveness of Firearms Interest Police (FIP) Database
NOVEMBER 18, 2018 – Filed ATIP request for the current number of Authorization to Carry Permits issued by Province
FEBRUARY 20, 2019 – RCMP responds but withholds the number of Protection of Life Carry Permits issued advising that release of that number ‘could reasonably be expected to threaten the safety of individuals’.
MARCH 22, 2019 – Filed a complaint with the Information Commissioner of Canada about the exemption used by the RCMP to withhold the number of ATCs issued for Protection of Life.
MAY 2, 2019 – Received the RCMP reply dated April 25, 2019 with the current number of ATCs issued for Protection of Life = ONE.