PUBLIC SAFETY CANADA HAS NO RECORDS TO SUPPORT MINISTER BLAIR’S STATEMENT ON GUN BUY-BACK PLAN
Department unable to provide the places the Minister visited and the number of gun owners he talked to.
Public Safety Canada’s response to Access to Information Act request File: A-2019-00322 dated March 2, 2020 – By Dennis R. Young – March 4, 2020
Here are the key stakeholders that Minister Blair did NOT talk to about his Buy-Back plan.
• Sheldon Clare, NFA President
• Blair Hagen, NFA Executive VP Communication
• Tony Bernardo, Executive Director, CSSA
• Nicolas Johnson, The Gun Blog
• Guy Morin, President of Everyone Against a Quebec Gun Registry
• Gary Mauser, Professor Emeritus, SFU
• Alison de Groot, Managing Director, Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association (CSAAA)
BLAIR TELLS IPOLITICS CONFISCATION NEEDS NEW LAW, TWO YEARS AWAY – TheGunBlog.ca — 10 Dec 2019
EXCERPT: Immediate vs. Delayed Confiscation: The minister told iPolitics he heard from some gun owners that they preferred immediate confiscation with a payoff, rather than confiscation after death sometimes called “grandfathering.” TheGunBlog.ca couldn’t find any mention of that preference in a comprehensive report on Blair’s confiscation consultations last year.