While the Liberal party sees gun control as a possible ‘wedge’ issue, StatsCan simply has no evidence to support their claims By Gary Mauser and Vincent Harinam, National Post- August 17, 2018 – Gary Mauser is professor emeritus at Simon Fraser University. Vincent Harinam is an incoming Ph.D. student at Cambridge University. https://nationalpost.com/opinion/the-liberals-are-playing-dishonest-games-with-stats-to-crack-down-on-legal-gun-owners
Additional supporting documentation for CBCs Evan Dyer’s: Canada can’t say where its crime guns are coming from
Additional URL Links added by Dennis R. Young – August 13, 2018
DIGGING DEEPER TO VERIFY RCMP SOURCES OF CRIME GUNS: Please provide a breakdown of the number of RCMP seized firearms that were recorded as “Seized – Criminal Investigation” by the type of criminal investigation indicating whether the investigation was related to: (1) a violent crime, (2) a non-violent crime, (3) a property crime, or (4) an administrative paper crime. Access to Information request to RCMP by Dennis R. Young – August 12, 2018
CBC – CANADA CAN’T SAY WHERE ITS CRIME GUNS ARE COMING FROM – Governments, police not collecting national statistics on whether guns are smuggled or sourced domestically By Evan Dyer · CBC News · Posted: Aug 10, 2018 https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gun-crime-statistics-1.4779702
CBC THE NATIONAL – HANDGUNS IN CANADA: WHERE ARE THEY COMING FROM?
The issue of handguns in Canada has come to the forefront following last month’s mass shooting in Toronto. The National looks at answering that question and seeing if anyone really knows. VIDEO: 3:07
“Currently, there is no national repository for this type of information in Canada,” Sgt. Marie Damian, RCMP.
“So while governments are debating changes to Canada’s gun laws, there’s really a lack of solid data for them to go on and no national effort underway to collect any,” By Evan Dyer, Senior Reporter Posted: Aug 07, 2018
RCMP ATIP Response – Firearms Seized by Police: 2015, 2016, 2017 dated July 26, 2018 – Received August 2, 2018
(1) The number of firearms seized by the RCMP for all of Canada and for each province and territory
(2) Total number of RCMP (only) seized firearms that were recorded as ‘Seized – Criminal Investigation’
(3) Total number of firearms recorded as Surrendered to the RCMP
(4) The number of firearms seized by the RCMP by Firearm Classification
(5) The number of firearms seized by the RCMP by Firearm Type
(6) Any comparable statistics the RCMP holds with respect to firearms seized by other police services in Canada for each province and territory.