IMPORTANT GUN CONTROL STATISTICS MISSING FROM RCMP FIREARMS COMMISSIONER’S REPORTS TO PARLIAMENT – The Liberal Government promised their policies and programs would be ‘evidence-based’. Unfortunately, the base of ‘evidence’ in support of federal firearms programs is sorely lacking. By Dennis R. Young – December 5, 2018
RCMP Response to Access to Information Act request dated Nov 27, 2018 – Received by Dennis R. Young – December 4, 2018
RADIO CANADA INTERNATIONAL – THE GUN DEBATE IN CANADA: WHERE LIES TRUTH? PART-1
The first of a series of responses to claims about guns in Canada By RCI | mailto:email@example.com Monday 3 December, 2018
SUMMARY: According to these sources,
- about a third of “crime guns” seized by police aren’t firearms at all.
- The claimed number of domestically sourced crime guns stated by the federal government, some police officers, and by gun-control lobby groups is wildly exaggerated at best
- The claimed number of straw purchases stated by the federal government, some police officers, and by gun-control lobby groups is wildly exaggerated at best
OPEN LETTER #3 TO SENATORS Re: A THOUSAND GUNS REPORTED LOST BY OR STOLEN FROM POLICE AND THE MILITARY – One would think it should be easy to obtain updated numbers from the RCMP on these lost and stolen firearms – it is not. By Dennis R. Young – November 30, 2018
INFORMATION COMMISSIONER DEFENDS RCMP DECISION TO KEEP HIGH RIVER ‘RIGHTS VIOLATION PAPER’ A SECRET
EXCERPT FROM ATTACHED REPORT: “Our investigation determined that the information now withheld under paragraph 13(1)(c) was received from the government of Alberta, and was intended to be confidential. Our investigation also determined that neither of the exceptions described in subsection 13(2) are applicable: the provincial government that provided this information does not consent to its disclosure, nor has it made that information public.”
Letter with results of investigation of my complaints dated November 23, 2018 – Received on November 27, 2018. NOTE: Section 41 Review by the Federal Court is the only remaining option.
HOW MUCH DOES GOVERNMENT SPEND ON FIREARMS PROGRAMS? Parliament is still in the dark. By Dennis R. Young – Nov 25, 2018
353-Page Response to Access to Information Act request Nov 2, 2018 – Received by Dennis R. Young Nov 13, 2018
Q2 – NUMBERS OF FIREARMS IN INVENTORY: 1,597
- Machine Guns – 12
- Submachine Guns – 67
- Rifle – 62
- Handguns – 1,226
- Shotguns – 230
Departmental ATIP Response dated November 8, 2018 – Received Nov 12, 2018
- Occupational Health and Safety: Firearms Use Directive (PDF Pages 1-13)
- Report on Discharge of a Firearm from a Vehicle in an Unsafe Manner – Lethbridge Research Centre (PDF Pages 17-39)
- RCMP PUBLIC SERVICE AGENCY REPORT OF AGENCY FIREARM INVENTORY May 20, 2016 (PDF page 51) NOTE: 13 Firearms listed.
- AAFC FIREARMS 2016 REPORT – Identifying Discrepancies and Corrections to RCMP Firearms listed in Item 3 above (PDF Page 52)
- SAP INVENTORY OF AAFC WEAPONS – AUGUST 2018 (PDF Pages 53-54)
Note #1: PDF pages 55-197 are duplicates of Item #1 and the drafting process have not been scanned and uploaded.
Note #2: PDF pages 198-243 are e-mails discussing possible offences related to Item #2 and have not been scanned and uploaded. The final decision was blanked out citing solicitor-client privilege.
GOODALE OPPOSES NEW LAW REQUIRING 422,887 CONVICTED CRIMINALS, PROHIBITED FROM OWNING FIREARMS BY THE COURTS TO REPORT THEIR CURRENT ADDRESSES TO POLICE – “With respect to the recommendation that individuals who are subject to a weapons prohibition order be required to report any change of address, the criminal justice system does not generally keep track of a person who is not serving a sentence.” Liberal Government response to Firearms Petition e-1605 – November 5, 2018
PUBLIC SAFETY: NO RECORDS ON 422,887 CONVICTED CRIMINALS PROHIBITED FROM OWNING GUNS BY THE COURTS – Response to Access to Information Act request dated October 25, 2018. Public Safety ATIP file A-2018-00216 received Oct 31, 2018 by Dennis R. Young https://dennisryoung.ca/2018/11/02/public-safety-no-records-on-422887-convicted-criminals-prohibited-from-owning-guns-by-the-courts/
National Defence Response to Access to Information Act request DND File: A-2018-00801 dated October 24, 2018. Analyzed by Dennis R. Young – November 4, 2018